PALM STONES: DEFINITION, HISTORY, AND USE
Palm Stones are polished stones that are of a size that will fit into the palm of your hand. They are a variety of Worry Stone which is typically a smooth polished stone that sometimes includes an indentation on one side.
HISTORY OF THE PALM STONE
Palm Stones, like all Worry Stones, have been used by many cultures all over the world from ancient times to the present day. They were used in ancient Greece, Tibet, Ireland, and by many Native American tribes. In ancient Greece, these talismans were created by the movement of the waters of the sea. Many Native American tribes considered polished stones to be sacred and to have healing qualities. They were sometimes included in holy bundles. Native Americans pass on some types of polished stones to the young of their tribes to maintain a connection between the new generation and their ancestors. In Ireland, some types of polished stones are thought to be a source of good luck. They are used in Pagan and Wiccan practices as well as New Age crystal healing. They provide a source of grounding with the Earth and dispel negative energy or feelings. Modern psychological practices also use some types of polished stones as a means of reducing stress. They are considered very useful in short term therapy and treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Many cognitive behavioral therapists consider them psychologically helpful as a soothing coping mechanism. They have been used extensively as a coping mechanism for refugees and children.
USE OF THE PALM STONE
Gently holding the Palm Stone in one or both of the palms of your hands creates a sense of relaxation and may reduce anxiety. It may be helpful to use a stone of of one type in one hand and a different type in the other hand to maximize the energy levels you are accessing with the Palm Stone. These beautiful stones are calming to the self and may be an aid to meditation. They also provide a way to maximize the use of the vibrations of specific minerals and crystals in healing practices and meditation. There many different ways to use the Palm Stone including:
- Carry the Palm Stone in your pocket as you travel about the world. The vibration of the type of stone you are carrying will go with you to impact your environment wherever you are. You can reach into your packet and rub the stone to increase the release of its vibration as needed. Use it for protection, harmony, charm, luck, or any other attitude or energy you want to attract.
- Hold the Palm Stone in your hand as you attempt to sink into deep meditation. Sit in a quiet place and close your eyes as you concentrate and raise the level of your consciousness.
- Hold or touch the Palm Stone as you concentrate on a goal you wish to reach such as peace, passionate love, luck, success, abundance, transformation, forgiveness, or any other emotion or goal.
- Place the Palm Stone beside your bed and touch it before you lie down to sleep to use its energy for deep sleep or vivid dreams.
- Keep the Palm Stone close as you exercise or practice athletic skills.
- Keep the Palm Stone at your desk where you work to aid your concentration or help you generate ideas.
- Keep the Palm Stone in your studio where you create your artistic masterpieces or write your stories.
- Use the vibration of the Palm Stone to attract success to your business.
- Use the Palm Stone to enhance your psychic abilities such as clairvoyance, clairaudience, and teleportation. Use the Palm Stone to increase your ability to travel through the astral plane, communicate with those on the other side, connect and receive messages from spirit or animal guides, and engage in all other types of psychic activities.
- Use the Palm Stone to enhance your public speaking ability.
These are only a few of the ways you can access the power of the stones to enhance your life. Use your imagination to take yourself to the limits of the universe with the wonderful energy of the Palm Stone.
There are no reviews yet.